Thursday, October 28, 2004

We've got you covered!

This is a new feature of our web site that functions as a Blog, and that means it will be updated to reflect changing events, information, and of course, opinions. Blah, blah, blog!

I thought I'd start off by officially introducing you to Hocus Pocus. Over the 30 years I've been in the magic business, I've received literally thousands of requests to post pictures of the shop, staff, and merchandise we carry. Well, we've got the merchandise covered, that's for sure, so allow me to update you further about the business. What does Hocus Pocus look like? What does its staff look like? Is Hocus Pocus a real brick & mortar shop or what they are now calling a "click & mortar shop?"

Hocus Pocus originally opened on November 8, 1974. I remember the day as if it were yesterday. In fact, I was performing all over the country before I decided to open a magic shop. Don't believe me? Just look at this picture taken almost 30 years ago: what I wouldn't give to be that thin and have that much hair again!



My early influences were Mark Wilson, Harry Blackstone Jr., Jack Gwynne, Channing Pollock, and a few others. I started out like most everyone does: performing children's shows and birthday parties before graduating to become the official magician of such companies like Bank of America, Pepsi Cola, Holiday Inn, and Comfort Suites. I then turned my attention on the business side of my profession. And that was the day Hocus Pocus was born.

The Official Hocus Pocus Magic Shop!

I have been extremely fortunate in that this business has given to me so much, including the opportunity to meet my mentors and make many new friends both here and abroad. I believe that has transcended over into Hocus Pocus, where I surround myself with those who are the best in the business, including Mike Giusti, who is in his own right a talented comic magician in addition to maintaining the Hocus Pocus web site with his creative graphics and Internet knowledge. He's also the guy you see in all our ads and on the web site with that rubber face of his.


Mike Giusti <--------> Jason London

Then there's Jason London, a classy entertainer with loads of product knowledge inside that Rolodex in his head. His first love is close-up magic, and if there's something he likes or dislikes, he's sure to let me know.

The shipping department is one of the most dedicated in the business. They bust their hump each and every day to make sure that all orders go out in a timely fashion. You'd be hard pressed to find a harder working team of individuals.

The most important thing I want you to know is that Hocus Pocus is committed to providing you with the best choices of products along with the best customer support possible. We all work hard each and every day to make sure that you are happy, and we hope you keep visiting and considering Hocus Pocus for all your magic needs. Above all else, your satisfaction is guaranteed here at Hocus Pocus.

If you find this page helpful, email us and let us know: sales@hocus-pocus.com I appreciate you taking the time to read it.

More to come,

Paul

No comments: