Friday, March 23, 2007

Come Out Flying, Boy!



In the immortal words of Carl Ballantine, Max and I will be spending this weekend building a new aviary in our back yard. We've now accumulated 14 doves and are still looking for more. The aviary itself will be 16 feet long by 8 feet wide by 6 feet tall with roosting boxes and hopefully, this will encourage our feathered friends to multiply. Max has designed the aviary himself, sketching it out on paper and figuring out all the details. He's very excited to begin the project, and the weather will be most cooperative as it's expected to hit the 80s.


1968 Plymouth Roadrunner

Last week, I talked about going to the Automrama with Max. We had a great time and we must have circled all the cars at least a dozen or more times, with Max salivating at every vehicle. He took over 100 pictures of all the cars. His favorite, however amongst all these, was a 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner, fully restored. Anyone out there have one for sale?


Big Ben

Just got off the phone with Robert Baxt, having just returned from England, where he was booked to perform and lecture at a magic convention. Robert said that after his lecture, he sold everything that he brought with him and more, had he taken it with him. He also had a chance to visit the prestigious Magic Circle magic club. All in all, he had a great time and promises to fill me in on all the details once he gets over the jet lag.

In case you haven't noticed, more and more products than ever have hit the web site, and I couldn't be more excited. Every day when the UPS truck pulls up, I run out to the warehouse like a kid during Christmas time to check out and open up the boxes. In fact, I'm still going through a large private collection I purchased several weeks ago and one of the highlights is an original Thayer Vanishing Radio. The unique feature of this particular model is that the radio can be sitting somewhere else before being picked up and set atop its table before the vanish! It's in such great condition, it's almost like it just rolled off the Thayer showroom. Check it out for yourself:


Thayer Vanishing Radio

Several local magicians who have stopped by the store have inquired about it, but this one's not for sale; it's for my own private collection!

Can you keep a secret? Speaking of exciting new products, I can't let the cat out of the bag entirely here, but I wanted to make you aware that we have recently secured the manufacturing rights from one of magic's "heavy hitters," a name familiar to you all. This is a comedy effect that has been a signature routine of this person's act for many, many years, and was even featured on television on more than one occasion. Now that we've hopefully peaked your interest, all I can tell you is that everything is in the manufacturing process now, and will appear on the web site very shortly. If you want more details, give me a call and I'll tell you all about it. Call me toll-free 800-407-4040.

Mike wanted me to congratulate the winners of his Most Embarrassing Moments Contest, which ended Tuesday:

3rd Place - Shawn Cyr

2nd Place - Keegan Man

1st Place - Bryan Gilles


The emails and calls were overwhelming, and Mike had a hard time deciding on a winner as all the submissions were terrific!

So as we wrap it up for this week, I want to wish you all a great weekend, and please think of my son and me as we toil in the heat making a new home for Max's birds.

Until next time,

Paul

No comments: