Friday, September 07, 2007

The Party May Be Over...

The party may be over but the celebration continues. Thanks to Mike for taking over the blog last week as I took some time to be with my family. I made it through my 52nd birthday with flying colors, and honestly, it isn't all that bad... It was nice having 5 days off doing just what I wanted to do, how I wanted to do it, when I wanted to do it. When I returned to work on Tuesday, I couldn't believe all the nice emails waiting for me in my inbox wishing me a happy birthday. Thanks to all of you for your birthday wishes via email and cards. It was extremely thoughtful and much appreciated.


FreaKey

No, that's not Mike's nickname; that's the name of one of the hottest items to come out this year. As many of you know, there have been many hitches and delays with this product reaching the market. I'm happy to tell you that our first shipment arrived and left the same day (Wednesday), so those of you who were the first to order FreaKey should be receiving yours shortly, if you haven't already done so. I'm sure you'll all be very pleased with this purchase as it could very well be the perfect walk around item to have with you at all times. The props are natural, not suspicious, the handling is simplistic, and the accompanying instructional/performance DVD is very thorough and of the highest quality. Check it out HERE!


Hobson Egg Bag

Other exciting news: we just received our shipment of the Hobson Egg Bag well ahead of schedule, and it, too, has exceeded our expectations. In addition to a beautifully handmade egg bag by Jeff's Wife, you receive 2 special eggs, a mini-DVD and complete and total access to the special web site that hosts even more features (including a live performance of Jeff performing this hilarious routine on stage). This is a golden opportunity to purchase a seasoned pro's pet effect that has garnered him a reputation as one of the funniest and most creative performers of our day.


TOP SECRET:

Today we anxiously awaited our UPS truck to arrive as we were expecting a special package from Bob Kohler. We are sworn to secrecy and cannot reveal what it is, but I will tell you that this is a project that has been in the works for almost 2 years! I can tell you this: it is a hilarious routine from a well-known magician's act that I guarantee many of you have seen. When the prototype arrived, not only did it FAR exceed our expectations, Mike is still walking around making everyone laugh with it. Hopefully, I've peaked your interest. Stay tuned; we'll make the big announcement sometime in the next 30 days. If you are a stage, parlor or comedy magician, you are definitely going to want to get your hands on this golden egg!

So LOTS of things are happening around here, as you can see. In fact, I just spoke to Robert Baxt who spent all day yesterday at Disney Studios filming a commercial with Ellen DeGeneres for HBO, and he's off flying to England today for a magic performance and lecture appearance. Robert also informed me that he will be working backstage helping Carl Ballantine in this year's "It's Magic" show.

On the home front, yesterday we picked up Max's car after having a new rear window installed. We brought the car home and Max spent at least 2 hours washing it. I took him to Kragen Auto Supply and we purchased new window cranks. Max was out so late that he couldn't see what he was doing anymore; he had to finish the project this morning (where he promptly awoke at 6:00 AM to do so). When I took him to school this morning, he gazed longingly at the car as it disappeared in the distance. Tonight, he'll wash the car again. I hope there's paint left when he's done.

So that about wraps it up for this week. Have a great weekend and enjoy yourselves.

Until next time,

Paul

No comments: