Friday, October 12, 2007

New Website Launched!

Hi, kids. Mike Giusti here hijacking the blog while Paul is off to the Magic Castle Swap Meet.

I am happy to be the one to announce that the new Hocus Pocus web site is now up and running with tons of new features for you to enjoy. You can now do things like click on a product image, and its larger image and details (along with video features) will load immediately underneath rather than load in a separate page! All the product links are now fully featured on the left and right-handed columns for those with low resolution monitors, and there's even a Best Sellers feature on the right hand side if you are interested in seeing what products are flying off the shelves! Soon, we'll be adding even more new features to make your virtual shopping experience more enjoyable and easier than ever before!

Also, since there are many products that go up on the site on a daily basis (many of which are not listed on the front of the site), you may wish to choose to sign up for daily updates of ALL the products that are added daily. Simply sign up under the NEW FEATURE section on the right-hand column inside the shop and you'll be all set. And, of course, you can opt out at any time if you wish.

Now, having said that, as with all new software, there may be a few glitches here and there, and nobody knows about them until someone stumbles upon it randomly. So, if this happens to you, please let us know by emailing the situation to support@hocus-pocus.com, and we'll get on the problem immediately.


Shoot Ogawa

I am also happy to inform you that Shoot Ogawa has selected Hocus Pocus to carry his line of products, so for your convenience, I have created a new product category called "Shoot Ogawa" (I know, I know, I'm so smart) so you can find all of the products there. More will be added as the day progresses, so keep refreshing your browsers and remember to sign up for those daily updates. Thank you, Shoot.



Also, Hocus Pocus was able to obtain Real Ghost by Christopher Taylor! Ever since the MindVention 2006, the underground buzz on Real Ghost has been phenomenal! Now, it can be yours! Check it out along with the video clip HERE!



On the home front, I am happy to report that MAGIC Live was a great success last weekend in Campbell, California. I want to thank each and every one of you who took time out of your weekend schedule and joined Ray Lum, Marshal Magoon and myself for what I feel was a tremendously entertaining show for the entire family. Ray was kind enough to send the below photos of the show:


The Medicated Magician makes his appearance

Performing the Lumball Machine


Getting as far away from the spectator as possible as her ring vanishes


Ray swindles the crowd


Performing Cardiographic for an enthusiastic spectator


Ray makes sure a spectator doesn't lose his head


Performing an impossible prediction with a spectator and the audience


Ray closes his show by making it snow


Curtain call


Signing autographs after the show

After the late show and packing up all of Ray's and my props, I did something that wasn't very smart: I drove 3 hours home at 1:30 AM! The next morning (afternoon), I felt like I was run over by a freight train, so I took some time on Sunday to recuperate before traveling north again on Wednesday to perform in Berkeley, California for the Bayer Corporation. After an hour of walkaround magic, it was my turn to take the stage and the crowd gathered and had a great time. At one point, I had a spectator laughing so hard on stage, he was actually crying! At first, I thought I had actually made him cry, but he was just having a lot of fun. Whew! Wish I had a picture of that...

Paul will be back next week to tell you all about the Magic Castle Swap Meet! Until then, have a great weekend!

Mike

No comments: