Thursday, September 08, 2005

Magic As Far As the Eye Can See!

I'm coming to you a day early this week because tonight I'll be releasing the first private estate list of items for sale. Mike and I have been squirreled away in my office for the last 2 weeks creating this list, and I'll be willing to bet that we're only one quarter finished! For me, it's been like a trip back in time! Everything is here from standard items to rare collectibles. Things I used to see advertised in catalogues as a kid are now within my grasp! As you can tell, I'm very excited to able to offer these items for sale as I'm sure many of you will be able to find things that you've been looking for. For a sneak peek before anyone else gets the official email, click below:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/static/estate2.html

As we approach another anniversary of the September 11th tragedy, our thoughts and prayers go out to the people of the South dealing with the ramifications of Hurricane Katrina. Sometimes, we take for granted what we have, so imagine how horrible it must be for these people to have to rebuild their entire lives all over again... If there can be any good from this, it is the positive efforts of people coming together during such a tragedy. Hours after Katrina hit, local radio and television stations rallied all over the United States to support the victims by raising money, donating blood, and sending supplies. Everyone makes a difference in a crisis situation like Katrina. As performers and entertainers, we can use our talents to perform fundraising shows and benefits for the victims, or even put a smile on someone's face. So tonight when you go home, give your significant other, your children, your pets a big kiss and remember what you have.

Before I go, I want to say thank you to everyone who sent me cards, emails, and even some pretty funny gifts from my birthday (I'm still trying to comb out the silly string from the grim reaper's visit). One of my highlights was a package I received from Carl Ballantine of a special autographed photo and an antique magic prop of his. I guess turning 50 wasn't as bad as I originally thought...

Until next time,

Paul

No comments: