Friday, September 22, 2006

As the Week Ends...

How can it be Friday already? This week has flown by at supersonic speed! The weather has gradually cooled down from the 90s to the 80s, and the nights couldn't be more comfortable with lows reaching the high 40s and low 50s. I guess Fall is officially here!

Tony Blanco is strapping on his tool belt as he begins construction on our new stage here in the building. This new stage will enable us to begin the Lecture Series again and allow local performers to practice their stage shows when they're here. It will also facilitate Tony's magic lessons which have become a huge success! He's on his second session with older children and adults. We'll be posting here as the Lecture Series begins anew with upcoming lecturers, entertainers, and events if you wish to participate.


Cirque du Soleil

Speaking of Tony, this week Fresno hosted two performances of Cirque du Soleil. One of their performer is also a magician, and Tony helped him make several purchases here at Hocus Pocus! For his time and effort, Tony was given both entrance and backstage passes to the show! Tony was describing the goings on backstage and was even asked to do several magic tricks for the show's manager. This weekend, Fresno hosts Mickey's Magic Show, a Disney production featuring the illusions of Jim Steinmeyer. The guys from the show have been hanging out at the store. It's been a really good time. If either of these shows come to your hometown, I highly recommend you go see them.


Mickey's Magic Show

Mike has been working diligently resurrecting and remodeling the Hocus Pocus Round Table chat board, which will go live within a week. Stay tuned to the front page of our web site for the big announcement and come ready to post, post, post! It is our contention to provide a positive and informative forum that will benefit the magic community, and we would love to have you be a part of it.

Last week, I told you that I would be seeing the Black Dahlia by Brian dePalma. Now, trust me; I'm no Siskel & Roeper, but I have to be honest and tell you that you should probably wait until it comes out on DVD before seeing it. I'm sorry to say it, but this one just didn't pan out for me. However, speaking of movies, I'll be taking my son, Max, to see Jackass 2 today. Can you see the excitement in my typing? I thought not. I'm sure I'll have a few chuckles, though. It will be a great father and son outing and then later, Betty will join us for dinner.

Tomorrow night, we celebrate my mother's 74th birthday and all my family will be there. Even Cole's making the trip from college to help in the festivities. It will be great to have everyone all together once again, if even for a little while...

With the Fall season rapidly approaching, lots of new products are arriving every day. So much so that I can't even keep up with it, and it's just begun; wait until you see the Fall lineup we have for you. It will be better than anything network programming has to offer...

So, as you can see, there's been a lot happening this week, which probably explains the speed in which it's passed. I can't wait until next week. Have a great weekend, do something you enjoy, and don't forget your family.

Until next time,

Paul

No comments: