Friday, November 10, 2006

Perspective

Sometimes in life, we take things for granted. It's human nature to get caught up in the day-to-day routine and lose a little perspective. Every once in a while something happens to bring the proper perspective back into view. Such is the case for my good friend, Craig. We've been friends for many years. Last week, he was here to pick up some magic as he does every so often. He was telling me how he wasn't feeling well and was on his way into the doctor's office for some tests. Well, the tests have since come back, and Craig found out that it is cancer. When he called me Monday to tell me the results, I could hear the fear in his voice and I was speechless. You see, my friend Craig is only a few years older than me, and he is a physical fitness fanatic. Never in a million years would I have guessed that it could happen to him. All of a sudden, life can change dramatically. It made me think to myself that my little day-to-day problems weren't nearly as important. Perspective. It's all something we lose sight of. It's a shame it takes something like this to shake us back into reality. Craig knows that I am here for him should he need anything, and he is keeping a positive attitude that will definitely come in handy over the next few months as he begins extensive chemotherapy.

Veteran's Weekend is here, and I can't help but think about perspective again. Think of all the veterans, past and present, who have given so much of themselves for us to live in this great country. Some have given their time and others have given the ultimate sacrifice. If you see a veteran this weekend in a parade, on the street, or a gentleman or woman in uniform, walk up to them, shake their hand, and say thank you. I guarantee you positive results.

Last week, I told you about my daughter, Renee and Gene Simmons making an appearance at the department store at which she works. She and her boyfriend, Will, brought this picture by along with their cute little puppy yesterday, and I thought you'd enjoy seeing it:


Will, Gene Simmons, and Renee



From Hong Kong to Fresno, magician and inventor Alan Wong made a special trip to see us this past weekend. Alan showed me many new effects that Hocus Pocus will be carrying exclusively. One of the most exciting new items we will have is Alan's new Dream Lock. This was a huge hit at the recent FISM Convention. When Alan demonstrated it for me, I was completely fooled by it and had no idea how it was done. You can see this on the web site HERE and stay tuned for other Alan Wong products next week.



My good friend, Bob Kohler, has just released his closer for the past 18 years, The Human Phone Number! He introduced it at last weekend's MindVention in Las Vegas and completely sold out! Hocus Pocus is a proud BK Pro Line dealer, and we've been selling them like crazy on our site. Interested? You should be, so check it out HERE and HERE!

So there you have it. Don't forget to keep in mind the word perspective and try to keep it in check. I sure am.

Until next time,

Paul

No comments: