Friday, December 07, 2007

Lights, Camera, Christmas!









It's official. As promised, here are some outside photos of the Gross Family homestead. All lit up and ready for the holidays. Unfortunately, pictures at nighttime are never as good as seeing it live in person, but you get the idea. Remember, start sending your holiday decoration photos to us and we may even share them on the blog (with your permission, of course). Remember, the winner receives a $100.00 Hocus Pocus gift certificate!



We're all excited here as John and Tammy Calvert will be arriving for their lecture/performance Monday evening. It's going to be a full house and a rare chance to see a real living legend of film and magic! If you are anywhere near Hocus Pocus, we urge you to not pass up this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see John lecture. Click the banner above for more information.

My son, Cole, will be home today for Winter break from college, and Max has one more week before he's out of school for his break. Cole's already making plans for hitting the ski slopes in the Sierras as soon as he gets here and Max is anxiously awaiting Christmas day with as much anticipation as when he was 8 years-old. Circling the Christmas tree is not only a ritual for Max, it has become some sort of strange tradition, given the fact that he's now 15! I love the fact that the magic of Christmas still captivates him, and it makes me feel like a kid again.

Things have been really buzzing here at Hocus Pocus. Orders are coming in faster than we can process them (almost), but have no fear; as we say every year at this time, your orders all receive top priority no matter what time of year it is! Our shipping department is even faster than ever before this season so have no fear when placing those orders for your holiday shows and gifts.



Speaking of Cali (I know, I didn't), the little bird is getting along quite nicely at home as Max and I have trained her to come to me when her name is called, and she gets a little treat. She also gives kisses on command and walks up and down her little ladder that we gave to her. She even puts a miniature basketball through a basketball hoop! Each day, we train her to do something new, and she picks up on it very quickly! It's amazing how intelligent these little cockatoos are, and the way she nuzzles up to me at night just melts my heart. She has really been a terrific "addition" to the Gross family menagerie. By the way, I want to thank all of you who emailed me handling tips for cockatoos; your information has been very helpful and informative.



We're only a little over a month away from the 2nd Annual Hocus Pocus Swap Meet and Get-Together, so if you have not yet reserved your seat and table for selling your wares, space is running out. For more information, click the banner above and call us toll-free at 800-407-4040 to get your tickets and to reserve a table for the Swap Meet.



Next week, Betty and I have been invited to travel to the Los Angeles area to meet with Mark and Nani Wilson. They've graciously offered to give us a tour of their offices and facility. Talk about a dream come true!!! I'll be like a little kid in a candy store as I soak up the atmosphere. Who knows what we'll see? All I know is that it will be one of the greatest days of my life! As expected, I'll have plenty of pictures and tales to share with you all, so stay tuned.

With only 18 shopping days left until Christmas, I hope most of you have nearly finished up all your shopping. Betty and I will be finishing up this weekend and Max will be kicking up his heels as the presents begin to magically multiply under the tree!

Until next time,

Paul

No comments: