Thursday, December 27, 2007

Time to Wrap It Up

I hope you all had a great holiday so far. Last Friday, we had our annual Hocus Pocus Christmas luncheon, where we were all treated to some authentic Armenian cuisine. Everyone exchanged gifts, and wanted to take a nap after it was all over.


Clockwise: Betty, Tony, me, Renee, Jan, Karen, and Ken.

Monday, Christmas Eve, Tony and I arrived early to get all those last-minute orders that we still shipped out overnight for arrival the day after Christmas. The phones and emails were very full, and it took us all day to catch up. My son, Max, continued to call me all day updating me on the fact that it was Christmas Eve, and he couldn't wait to open up his Christmas gifts. So, mercifully spared him the extra wait time and agony and headed home a little early. By the time I arrived home, he had already segregated all of the gifts, ready for opening. It didn't take long for him to go through all of his gifts: all the things he had wanted for his car, a couple of DVDs, and more. The rest of us finished opening our gifts, and then it was off to my mother in-law's house, where we spent time visiting the relatives and eating a hearty meal. And of course, for Max, there were more gifts! After our fill of good cheer, it was home-bound for us for a good night sleep.

Christmas day was spent at my sister's house with her family, and there we visited, ate, and shared more gifts. Before I knew it, it was late and time to go home -- Christmas was over, but what a great time we all had.

Overall, it was a great Christmas season here at Hocus Pocus. Thanks to all of you for keeping us so busy. I hope you all got everything you wished for and more. It's hard to believe that in just a few more days, we'll be celebrating the new year. It just doesn't seem possible; where did 2007 go? I'm excited to see what the new year brings, personally and professionally. So many wonderful things and memories this year alone has brought, that I can't wait to see what 2008 has in store...

I will be taking off the next five days to enjoy some family time with Max and Betty. Cole is off to Canada skiing, Renee is working, and Aimee is finishing up her studies in school. The Twilight Zone Marathon starts New Year's Eve and runs through New Year's Day at midnight on the Sci-Fi Channel, and every year, it has become tradition for my family and I to relive those episodes like we did when we were younger. Hey, I might even pop in a few DVDs of the Magic Land of Allakazam while I'm at it. Thanks, Mark and Nani!

However you celebrate New Year's, I wish for all of you good health, happiness, and prosperity in the upcoming new year, and I thank you for your continued support and friendship.



Until next time,

Paul

No comments: