Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year!



I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxed and rested New Year's. I enjoyed my small five-day vacation and did nothing but run some errands, caught a movie, and a few Twilight Zone episodes. The five days went by so fast, but I'm glad I took the time. By the looks of things here at Hocus Pocus, you would think the holidays were still in session. The week between Christmas and New Year's hit an all-time high in sales. The shipping department has been working overtime (actually being the last to leave every day), and we've had the UPS and postman scratching their heads with all the outgoing packages still going out after the holidays! Thanks to all of you for helping us achieve a record year!

As we start the new year, we all have our resolutions to try to maintain. One of ours, of course, is to strive to better serve all of you. On a personal note, one of my resolutions will be to try to take a little more time with my wife and family for those special moments like getting away for little vacations, taking in more movies, and time off in general. In other words, celebrate those little things that make life so important. We all get caught up in the daily grind that sometimes, we lose sight of our own "contentness." Not a real word, I know, but it sums it up pretty well... I realize that I am pretty lucky to have all that I have, and I must say that I am content. The older I get, the more I realize that life is less about things and more about sharing memories, experiences, making friends, sharing time with family, good health, and taking steps to insure your own and others' contentment. I am blessed with a beautiful and understanding wife, four great children, and a comfortable lifestyle. Never in my widest imagination would I have ever dreamed that I would be doing what I am now or where I am at personally today. It's been a pretty incredible ride so far, and I can't wait to see what 2008 will bring...

Here's to all of you and a brand new year!

Until next time,

Paul

No comments: