Friday, January 16, 2009

Mark Wilson's On The Phone



Never in my wildest dreams would I ever have thought I would hear those words: "Paul, Mark Wilson is on the phone." Imagine how great it is to have your idol call you on the telephone and want to speak to you personally! Almost every day, I get to talk to Nani and Mark. Who would have thought? Because of our great friendship, several products have been introduced to the magic market. The first was the Limited Edition Allakazam Hat, which sold out almost immediately. So successful was our first venture together, both Mark and Nani were willing to let me twist their arm and produce Mark's version of the Sucker Silk to Egg, the Allakazam Egg. The sales of this effect have soared which led to our third offering, the Sorcerer's Apprentice Magic Kit. It's been exciting and rewarding to see the tremendous response to each one of these products.

And so, with all this in mind, Mark called me yesterday to tell me that he has yet another project in the works that he wishes to share with Hocus Pocus. He did everything but tip what it was, and I have to say, I am on the edge of my seat! So big is the project that, rather than discuss it with me over the phone, both he and Nani will be making a special trip from their Los Angeles home to Fresno on Thursday, the 29th of January. They will be here for 2 days to discuss the project. Now, Mark knows just how to get to me; no matter how much I asked for more details, he told me I'd just have to be patient and wait until he gets here. I feel like a little kid again, waiting for next Saturday's Magic Land of Allakazam to air. So, for now I'll have to be patient, as hard as that is for me to do, and I know I'll be talking to him several times before then, and I'll try to wriggle out as much information as I can. But, I know Mark -- he'll keep me on pins and needles until the 29th. You can bet one thing: once I know, you'll all know too!

On the home front, I just heard from my son, Cole, who is now in Rome until the end of the week, he got to see the Sistine Chapel, and their hoping to see the Pope this weekend. The beginning of next week, he'll leave Italy bound for Paris, France, where he'll stay until the end of the month.

We're now just one week away from my daughter, Renee's wedding to Jonathan. Everything is set and ready to go. Now all we need to do is throw caution to the wind and hope that this is the best wedding on earth. I'm sure I won't be disappointed...

So, until next week, I'll try to be patient, waiting for news from the Magic Land of Allakazam, and you can bet I'll keep you posted.

Until next time,

Paul

No comments: