Thursday, January 29, 2009

One Proud Dad

Wow. Talk about being a proud dad! Last weekend was my daughter, Renee's wedding. Now I must tell you that most fathers, including myself, selfishly believe that no one is capable of taking better care protecting their daughters. That's until we met Jonathan, our new son in-law. From the first day we met Jonathan, we knew there was something special about him, and I have no doubt that he will take good care of my daughter.

Friday afternoon, we all met for the rehearsal, and afterwards we went out to dinner with the entire wedding party, of course. We all had a great time telling stories and enjoying each others' company and talking about the wedding, which was less than 24 hours away...


With Renee practicing the walk to the alter

Friday night, I had a hard time falling asleep. In fact, at 3:45 AM, I awoke and couldn't fall back asleep, so as hard as I tried, no dice. Time to get up and start getting ready for the big day. Around noon, I put on my tuxedo and Betty and I left the house with our son, Max, who was also in the wedding. When we arrived, I could not believe how beautiful my daughter looked. So excited and happy was she that a glow radiated.


Renee getting ready


Renee with her friends, Rachael, Stephanie, and Travis


Photos just before the ceremony


I know pronounce you husband and wife.


The happy couple


First dance


Father and daughter dance


The wedding cake was gorgeous




The cutting of the cake


Rocking out with air guitar



I hope you can tell by the few photos what a great time everyone had. For a father to see his daughter so happy celebrating one of the most special days of her life is an experience that I'll never forget. The look on her face all day and all night long was one of pure joy and happiness. Being able to share it with all our close family and friends made it all the more special. It's really cool to be the father of the bride. The honeymoon will begin Monday when they head for the Monterey Coast, and they will spend the entire week there.

On a personal note, I really want to thank all of you who sent emails and phone calls of congratulations for this special day. You are like an extended part of my family, and it's a real pleasure for me to share this special day with you here.

Until next time,

Paul

No comments: