Thursday, May 25, 2006

Start the Saber Dance

If there was a soundtrack that would be playing, it would be the Sabre Dance. This week has been one of the busiest we've had in a long time. We're literally running to keep up! Our good friend, Dan McKeon from Arizona stopped by on Monday and brought with him an entire plate spinning act, complete with plates, tables, and poles! It belonged to a very famous performer who made many appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show and various other TV spots. Dan acquired it shortly before this gentleman's death and performed it for many years. A few months ago, we were speaking on the phone and he mentioned this to me. I guess I don't have to tell you the rest of the story; we made a deal, and I now own it. I've always wanted one of these. I immediately had Tony set up the tables outside my office, and I'm driving everyone nuts everytime I walk outside and start the plates spinning...


Spin those plates, baby!

The other item Dan has is a Cockatoo Circus, which he's shipping to me next week as he didn't have enough room in his car this time around. My son, Max, is of course, very excited about this and has already been searching the Internet learning the best way to train and care for cockatoos. If anyone can do it, I know Max can. I'm looking forward to helping him with this and, who knows, maybe a new career will branch out of this.


Dan McKeon


Divine Time by Jason Palter

In case you haven't noticed the web site, we've had quite an explosion of Hot/New products. One of my favorite new effects is Divine Time from Jason Palter. This is an extremely strong piece of mentalism as well as a time-tested routine as performed by Jason for many years. This is well-worth checking out, believe me!


Snurdley and Samantha Rope Snakes

We're constantly on the lookout for new and exciting children's and family effects. One such item that immediately caught my attention was Snurdley and Samantha Rope Snakes. This is a hilarious six-minute routine that combines a cut & restored rope routine with a snake basket effect, and much, much more! The families and kids are going to scream over this one! Definitely check this one out as well on our web site.

Mike is preparing for his trip to Italy from mid-June to mid-July. Being the trooper he is, however, he will still be posting new images and products, even from abroad. His trip includes cities like Naples, Rome, Venice, Milan, Florence, and his father's home town of Campo Basso. Mike was in Italy, France, and Germany back in 1992, and you can imagine his excitement as he relives the trip and tells us all about these cities he's going to visit, some for the first time. A lot of travelling and brushing up on his Italian, we know he'll have a great time as he's thinking about all of us here at Hocus Pocus. Yeah, right.

Looking forward to a long and much-needed Memorial Day Weekend, relaxing and enjoying my family. Next Tuesday, Cole graduates from high school and Max graduates from junior high school. Hard to believe they've grown up so quickly. It seems like just yesterday, I was holding them in my arms. Now they're growing up to be nice and smart young gentlemen. Enjoy your weekend.

Until next time,

Paul

No comments: