Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving



So here I sit on Thanksgiving Eve, reflecting on all that I have to be thankful for in my life. First and most importantly, my incredible wife, Betty, who supports my every endeavor and project with the utmost enthusiasm and who loves me unconditionally. I can truly say that I could not have done all I have without her. For my four children: Rene, Aimee, Cole, and Max -- I am blessed that they are not only good kids, but good people. I'm thankful for good health, both my family's and mine. I'm thankful for my good friends, those I have been blessed to meet and will continue to meet in the coming years. I'm also thankful for another successful year doing what I love to do the most in life. And, of course, I'm thankful for all of you, who take time to read this blog week after week and support Hocus Pocus as much as you have.

Tomorrow, as every year, I'll be with my family at my mother in-law's house for our traditional family Thanksgiving celebration. There will be plenty of food, as always, lots of leftovers for those great next day turkey sandwiches. Friday will be the official shopping kickoff, and you can bet we'll be here. Personally, I'll begin the day at about 5:30 AM based on last year's post-Thanksgiving orders that were placed over the holiday and the day after.

So, as I wrap this up, it's a perfect winter day here in Fresno, California. It's 47 degrees outside and pouring rain, and we're all nice and comfortable here inside the offices and warehouse. As I reflect back on all that I'm thankful for, I'm reminded that I shouldn't just do it one day per year; but it's much more important to recognize it every single day. I have a pretty good life and wouldn't change a thing.

So between that second helping of turkey and gravy and any ballgames you may be watching, from all of us here at Hocus Pocus: Betty, Mike, Jan, Karen, Ken, and the rest of the gang, we wish you the very best of Thanksgivings!

Until next time,

Paul

No comments: